Hmm. I suppose I could say time flies when you are having fun...but on the mission, whether you are having fun or not--time flies! haha And every week-day-hour!-has its' ups and downs. Miracle story for this week:
"My miracle story this week involves you, Presidente Hinckley! In our interview, you reminded me to never be scared or hesitant to state our purpose and invite investigators to be baptized on the first visit. This has been a weakness for me, but I decided that day that I would work to change that. In the two visits that we had the next day, I invited each investigator to be baptized and prepare for a baptismal date. They both accepted! We are working with Fabi and Rosemary to reach the goal of baptism on the 4th and 11th of February respectively. I felt so good inviting them and received a witness that this is something I need to make a habit for the rest of my mission. We NEVER have to be bashful about why we are talking to people and inviting them to come unto Christ. Thank you Presidente, for reminding me of this."
So-yeah-pray for Fabi and Rosemary and Keisy! We will see what this week brings. In my first mission interview with President Hinckley, he showed me something that will forever change my mindset and well, just me as a missionary. I´ve been praying and preparing all week for this interview--that we can talk about what my Heavenly Father needs from me and that his advice/counsel will be from and through the Spirit. (I have become a HUGE advocate for the saying: "You get out whatever you bring to the table, meeting, life, etc.") As we were talking about some things I´ve struggling with and can improve on, he grabbed my Libro de Mormón (which I just happened to have brought with me into the interview!) and opened up to D & C 4:4. I´ve memorized that section in english and spanish now and recite it frequently during the week, but I´ve NEVER read it the right way! It says we will lay up sheaves FOR OURSELVES and bring salvation to OUR OWN SOULS!!! It doesn´t say bringing salvation to others or laying up sheaves for them. In a non-prideful, non-egotistical way...missionary work is about me! Yes, what I am doing is blessing others lives, but I am laying in store for my own salvation. What I do, or don´t do, is to my own salvation or condemnation. This explains the question I´ve always had about how can disobedient missionaries at times be just as much if not more so "successful" according to the numbers as obedient missionaries...because Heavenly Father loves all of His children and isn´t going to punish them according to the albedrío (agency) of the missionary they meet. It has NEVER been that or about that, or ever will be. The numbers and key indicators are gauges of the prepared people, the investigators in every area--not the missionary....WOW, lemme tell you--WOW! That 10 minute interview answered SO many questions I have had and changed me as a missionary and a person for the rest of my life. Wow! President Hinckley is incredibe. I will cherish that first interview forever.
So, Hna Fuentes and I have talked and realized that even though we love each other...we need more people around. ahaha It is hard having just the two of us in the city...province...I need to make more of an effort to talk to her. I get lost in my own thoughts too much :-) heehee You know how I do that. Such a good learning experience and preparation--I need to talk to everyone more.
Mar and Aaron! I just got your package today, but haven´t really gotten to check it out yet, but I am OH-SO excited for it!!!!!!!!!!!!1 You two are amazing! I´ll take some pictures for next week.muahahaha
I got a bunch of mail that has been at the office for like a month.haha So thank you!!!!! I will be writing back soon!
Caleb, Chloe and Dad: go online and check out "Balonmano." Find some youtube videos or something. I had to go to the bathroom REALLY bad a couple days ago and ran into a gym and there was a game. It is like basketball mixed with soccer. I fell in love-I want to play it so bad. It is super physical. I got some good pictures. Tell me what you think and we shall play it when I get back, yes?haha
Ok, I think that´s everything. I loved all the emails last week. Thank you for the ánimo. I´m so blessed. Talk to you soon!
Muah! (besitos)
-Hermana Dalton
PS: I forgot the cable to hook up my camera :-( so sad I´ll send pics next week
No comments:
Post a Comment